- The Golden retriever is a 0.014’’ wire tube equipped with a soft tip that is advanced and positioned inside the clot independent of a micro-catheter.
- The Golden’s deployment mechanism unfolds five “crown” elements, each composed of 12 micro-strands which embeds into the clot by rotational movement.
- Full extension of the micro-strands forms four engagement zones for efficient clot retrieval.
Golden Retriever – New approach for blood clot retrieval
The Golden retriever is the future of fast and efficient blood clot retrieval. The Unique design is the thinnest on the market today, navigating like a wire to the clot, it retrieves the clot exerting minimal radial force on the vessel wall.
Since the publication of MR CLEAN, ESCAPE, Swift Prime, REVASCAT and EXTEND-IA, the number of mechanical thrombectomy procedures performed annually has increased by 80% and is expected to reach 60,000 in the U.S. by 2020, up from 18,000 patients in 2015.
The American Heart and Brain Association’s new guidelines establish the addition of Mechanichal retriever technology as the frontline treatment for patients suffering a stroke. In its yearly innovation summit, the Cleveland Clinic chose the neuro blood clot retrieval market as one of the most uprising markets in 2016, expected to peak in the next two years.
- Engagement mechanism relies on cage formation enhancing the grip on the clot regardless of clot morphology and length.
- Enables enhanced clot engagement.
Device deployment is independent of a micro catheter.
- One size device suits all clots.
- Reduced friction within the micro-catheter.
Reduced puncture to revascularization time
- The smallest device diameter on the market (0.014”).
- Improved delivery in tortuous anatomy.
- No need to wait between deployment and retrieval.
Enhanced Safety Mechanism
- Engagement and retrieval does not rely on radial force, thus minimizing vessel injury risk.
- Capturing zones trap the clot from all sides simultaneously reinforcing it and preventing fragmentation and emboli risk.